If you know me, I cannot start out my day without a filling breakfast. I mean, what’s not to love about muffins, toast, pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon…..
After a breakfast like that I can almost say hallelujah! and call it day – almost.
So when I run across dishes made with breakfast foods that I can make later in the day, well…I’m not ashamed to admit I get a little excited.
A good baked egg dish is always on my list of favorite recipes. Filled with a variety of flavors: meat, vegetables, cheese and spices, that combine to give you a different taste from each bite. I mean, look at the chunks of flavor in this frittata? You have:
fresh garden tomatoes
spicy red onions
farm-raised eggs with their own deep indulgence of taste
salty goat cheese
all enhanced with a touch of dill, which compliments the vegetables nicely.
And it’s so easy to make – just stir it up in a bowl, pour it into your pan and stick it in the oven. I even enhanced my already-seasoned skillet with bacon grease to give even more flair to the dish. Just another great use for saved bacon grease! (like you need an excuse to save bacon grease)
- bacon grease to grease pan
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbs fresh dill, chopped
- 2 Tbs green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease a medium saucepan or iron skillet.
- Whisk together eggs in a large bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour ingredients into greased pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through in the middle
- Garnish with extra dill and green onions.